I value my personal growth very highly and keep it a part of my daily habits. One of my biggest missions, even bigger now since finding out I’m gonna become a mother, is to be the best possible version of myself and also to be as happy as I can possibly be. And I think those two go together.
So what does this actually mean? There are so many things out there that you can or should be doing and let’s face it, if we would follow all the advice out there we just wouldn’t have time for anything else. So I think it’s important to make sure you do what works for you. Working on yourself shouldn’t feel like a must.
For me it’s very important to start every day in the best possible way. I mean, how the day starts will just set the tone for the rest of the day. So my morning routine looks like this
1. I get up so that I have lots of time before I head to class. A stressful morning will just follow me for the entire day.
2. Skincare routine, always using my skincare device which does the job in 2 minutes. Even more important with pregnancy skin…
Get your own with a 10% discount through the links:
In the links you’ll find the product with cleansers for 5 different skintypes, just choose the one you want and finish the order.
If you live somewhere else, leave a comment and I’ll give you a link.
3. Stretching. This has also become more important to me with the pregnancy, since my back usually hurt in the morning and I just feel more stiff. Since I started doing my 5-min morning yoga I feel a lot better.
4. Meditation. I use an app like headspace or inside timer, or I find something on youtube. About 10-15 min of guided meditation. This has really changed so much for me. For finding my calm and being more present.
5. Visualization. Now how you wanna do this is completely up to you. I have done my visualization in a few different ways. Writing for example. Lately I have found another way though. I start a strong song or meditation music and close my eyes and then I visualize my future, my dreams, myself reaching my goals, my family living in our dream house, visualizing where you are, and who you’re with when reaching your goals and living your dream.
6. Journaling. I write, my feelings and thought in general, what’s going on inside me at the moment. I also write down to-do’s and ideas, and I fill out my daily greatness journal I’m completely in love with this planner, it has weekly planning, 90-day goals, daily schedule, gratitude and
7. Breakfast. I always make sure I have time for a good breakfast. Of course this also got more important since I got pregnant, but I do think it’s important either way. I always do oatmeal with soy milk and blue berries, and of course my supplements and prenatal vitamins. Now when it comes to supplements, since I started taking them I haven’t been sick once, and I feel so much more energetic and strong (accept for my first trimester where nothing could stop the tiredness) and you should always check with your doctor before taking any if you’re pregnant. Here’s 15% off of my supplements.
(and again, if you live somewhere else, comment and I’ll give you a link)
8. Lastly, I walk to class. I’m lucky enough to have a good distance to my classes. Hopefully I will manage to exchange the walk to school for a longer walk with the dogs once I don’t have classes anymore. Point is, move!
What’s your morning routine like?
How do you think a morning routine effects the rest of your day?
What are your best tips for starting the day in a good way?